VMware Communities
gyps
Contributor
Contributor

Apple keyboard in Win XP on a MacBook

Hi out there,

this issue has been discussed a lot of times, but I did not find a working solution for me.

The thing is:

I created a WinXP virtual machine under VMWare Workstation. Obviously it simulates a (german) PC keyboard and that is working fine.

Now I moved this virtual machine to a MacBookPro and run it in Fusion. However, the windows system does not "know" about the changed keyboard, Fusion simulates a german PC keyboard as it did before.

In this thread ( http://communities.vmware.com/message/577276#577276 ) someone asked just the same and wondered why a boot camp apple keyboard driver won't work here.

The problem seems to be that there seems to be no way to tell Fusion that the keyboard has changed.

Is there a way to tell Fusion (via VirtualMachine Settings or something) that the keyboard is an apple keyboard ?

Windows would then automatically detect the changed hardware and I would hopefully be able to install the driver from the boot camp cd.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sirdavesmith
Contributor
Contributor

Bump on this issue!

I'm having the same problem using regular vmware server for linux and running XP in the vm using a MacBook Pro.

0 Kudos