VMware Communities
Oben
Contributor
Contributor

Apple Bluetooth keyboard - numerical keypad keys not working.

The only keys on the extended numerical keypad that work in Windows XP are:

/*-+ and the ENTER key.

The numbers either do nothing or jump the cursor around in unpredictable and erratic ways.

In Ubuntu Linux all the numbers and symbols work except for the = on the keypad.

Message was edited by:

Oben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

It completely depends on if the OS sets Num Lock on or not when it boots. I believe one of the keys on your keyboard will turn on Num Lock; if not, you can use the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows XP to turn it on.

You can also use a different external keyboard that has a Num Lock key if that's not acceptable.

0 Kudos
Capt_Sand
Contributor
Contributor

Did you resolve that problem? If not I have a fix for it.

Dave

0 Kudos
zbeckman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... using the bluetooth Apple keyboard, the numbers on the keypad do not work (but, the symbols do work). I haven't been able to figure out a fix. The number keys seem to be behaving like arrow keys...

Usually F6 is mapped to numlock, but that does nothing on my system.

0 Kudos
bflad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

At least on my wired Apple keyboards, the Clear key (where the Num Lock usually is) acts as the Num Lock key. Usually Num Lock is off by default so I press it and the numbers on the numpad start working.

0 Kudos
mrachul
Contributor
Contributor

I have the BlueTooth keyboard and if you hit the Clear key like the above posting suggests, it works.

0 Kudos