VMware Communities
glen201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Apple A1277 USB Ethernet Adapter

Hi,

Are there some drivers about for the Apple USB to Ethernet Adapter PN A1277 to enable operation with Windows 7 Pro (32Bit)...?

I have Lion 10.7.1 installed on a Mid 2011 11"MBA (which is awesome), and the current version of Fusion - all seems to work nicely - except I need to be able to use  some Windows software to gain control of some Industrial Control Gear (Modbus/TCP - if you're asking..)

Windows DM finds the A1277 no problem - but reports it can't find the drivers.

I have tried the Windows driver online search thingy - online and from the disk - no luck there.

Had a trawl around the net, and finding a few things - but they either look dodgy or for much older OS revisions - and given I have migrated entirely to the MBA from a W7 machine - I am a bit nervous about loading just anything.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Glen

Update: June 10 2012

So, this did not work when I originally posted. At some point since, with various updates to VMWare and OSX and Maybe W7, I have been able to get Modbus/TCP working... It's not bulletproof - especially when handling high cyclic data traffic, but it's useable.

Really don't think I did much differently, but seems to work OK now.

Thanks to everyone that responded!

Message was edited by: Glen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

glen,

You can connect the USB Ethernet Adapter to MBA as a Mac Ethernet Adapter, and Fusion detect the Ethernet Adapter for your VM to use.You don't need any additional setup inside your VM.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
glen201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, tried that - no luck.

I can get the USB adapter to work, and be recognized in bridged mode (I think) but natively from Windows - no luck.

Need it for some industrial control applications, but have resorted to a seperate W7 machine until I can resolve this.

Cheers,

Glen

0 Kudos
Sharky1337
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I think we have the same issue. I have a MacBook Air 11 with a Ethernet Adapter. I can't get a network connections between my mac and windows 7 or linux. I tried NAT, enabled the ethernet adapter in windows but it it can't be installed because of lack of drivers. A new feature? 😕

0 Kudos