VMware Communities
BlueGrass224
Contributor
Contributor

After upgrading to Mountain Lion, Windows 7 Bootcamp VM becomes unresponsive, cycles focus when switching to Unity

Hey all,

I have recently been having a frustrating issue when switching my Windows 7 VM to Unity from Single Window or Fullscreen mode. The focus switches to the Mac desktop, and it appears as though OS X is rapidly cycling between the open application I had on my Windows VM. VMWare becomes unresponsive, and I have to shut down the VM (and sometimes Force Quit VMWare).

This only started happening after I upgraded my iMac to Mountain Lion. Unity always seemed to work reasonably well before that. I am running VMWare Fusion 4.1.3. I'm writing this post to see if anyone has any similar issues. In addition, I would like to help the VMWare developers hone in on this bug as best I can. I would appreciate any advice anyone can provide. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Try the technical preview - it seems to have better ML support.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure what you mean by the technical preview.

Special version of Fusion? Particular forum?

I am having a similar problem to the one described in this email.

0 Kudos
itaylorm
Contributor
Contributor

Did that, it didn't fix the issue. Still no response from VMWare on this issue

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Did you report it over in that forum?  That's where the dev's are focusing their efforts.

0 Kudos
BlueGrass224
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like Unity mode is once again working after the 4.1.4 update. I no longer get the error I originally reported. Hopefully Unity will continue working. Thanks, VMWare!

0 Kudos