VMware Communities
BillPennock
Contributor
Contributor

After shutdown of Windows 7 in Fusion 3.0.1 startup did odd things over a few days, now bluescreening

this started when I shut it down and restarted it and there was a message to continue the update process. Figuring this was a normal update from MS, I had seen something about it before, I went ahead. then the display would no longer extend in full screen use all displays, it would only mirror. Getting through the menus to set the screen to extend instead of mirror showed that Windows 7 was not really even recognizing the other screen like it used to. This has been going on for a few days, along with frequent slowdowns. Now the time is over 12 hours behind (I reset) the MAC clock is right. I checked the forums and noticed several kinda similar issues that were resolved by reinstalling VMware Tools so I tried that. 1/2 way through the system came up with a video driver serious error and said 3d would be disabled. answering that with the only possible button, ok, sent the machine spinning again and then I got a blue screen.

Things were going along quite nicely before this. Certainly my description would leed one to believe the culprit was whatever this update that happened earlier in the week. has anyone else had an update from MIcrosoft that caused this sort of problem? How do i get the latest video drives from my hardware vendor when the vendor is Apple, or is the vendor that the guest os see's really VMWare and if so are there newer drivers I need for this?

0 Kudos
0 Replies