VMware Communities
IlDavo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Add "View Full Screen" Button to Fusion 7.1.0 Toolbar?

VMware Fusion 7.1.0 View->Customize Toolbar allows one to add/remove "Enter Unity" button on Fusion toolbar. Why does it not also offer a "View Full Screen" button to the Fusion toolbar?

I could swear previous Fusion versions provided such a button. Online help documentation speaks of a "Full Screen Button in the Fusion menu bar" in previous releases, but none exists on my Fusion 7.1.0 toolbar. This is quite a hassle, as I keep clicking on the one button that does exist in the traditional normal/maximize windows location (upper right corner), and that's the "Enter Unity" button -- and that's not what I want to see!

Thanks,

-david-

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't regularly use Yosemite, but if I remember correctly the green button in the upper-left of the window has now been changed to behave like the double-arrow Full Screen button did throughout OS X.  Try that one!

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yosemite issue perhaps? I still see it here in Fusion 7.1.0 (but I am still on Mountain Lion, red box by me)

pastedImage_0.png

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't regularly use Yosemite, but if I remember correctly the green button in the upper-left of the window has now been changed to behave like the double-arrow Full Screen button did throughout OS X.  Try that one!

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
IlDavo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Aha! Kudos to wila for advising that Mavericks (prior MacOS release) provided its own "maximize" button and  Kudos to dariusd for pointing out new Yosemite functionality (vs. prior MacOS releases) that relocates the "maximize" window function to that of the third, green dot in the upper-left-hand-corner of the application window.

As much as I might now appreciate the ability to add a "View Full Screen" button to the VMware Fusion 7.1.0 toolbar, I clearly no longer require it.

Problem solved. Many thanks!

-david-

0 Kudos
Bruce_Ferjulian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I too am missing the button in the right-hand corner.

It would be welcome if it was added during "Customize Toolbar" even if OSX changed the behavior and Fusion will duplicate the green button with an old-school maximize arrows. I have become used to hitting that corner many times each day and the change is unwelcome.

0 Kudos