VMware Communities
Gholam22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Activation problem

since I instal the vmfusion on my mac the windows xp and Adobe software asking me to activate them every time I log in

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You should have to activate software once in a virtual machine, because a virtual machine is a different computer from the physical machine it runs on.

Is your Windows installation in a Boot Camp partition, by any chance? If so, it's very important that you allow the installation of VMware Tools during your first boot of your Boot Camp partition as a virtual machine. VMware Tools will help mitigate the activation problem. You'll need to reactivate once more, the first time you boot your virtual machine, and then not again.

Is your copy of Windows OEM-licensed? If so, Microsoft will refuse to activate it on any machine, physical or virtual, other than the computer it was first activated on.

Your Adobe software is demanding reactivation for the same reason that Windows is demanding to be reactivated: it sees itself running on, as far as it can tell, a different computer. VMware Tools does not have any ability to help with this activation problem, it only helps with Windows activation problems in Boot Camp virtual machines.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You should have to activate software once in a virtual machine, because a virtual machine is a different computer from the physical machine it runs on.

Is your Windows installation in a Boot Camp partition, by any chance? If so, it's very important that you allow the installation of VMware Tools during your first boot of your Boot Camp partition as a virtual machine. VMware Tools will help mitigate the activation problem. You'll need to reactivate once more, the first time you boot your virtual machine, and then not again.

Is your copy of Windows OEM-licensed? If so, Microsoft will refuse to activate it on any machine, physical or virtual, other than the computer it was first activated on.

Your Adobe software is demanding reactivation for the same reason that Windows is demanding to be reactivated: it sees itself running on, as far as it can tell, a different computer. VMware Tools does not have any ability to help with this activation problem, it only helps with Windows activation problems in Boot Camp virtual machines.

0 Kudos