VMware Communities
infobleep
Contributor
Contributor

Account problems when attempt to purchase VMWare Fusion

Dear all

I am having a problem trying to purchase VMWare Fusion. When I go to the on-line sales shop to purchase it says that my e-mail address and/or password is not valid.

However if I try and create a new account it doesn't work because the e-mail address is already in use. I am simply trying to use the same details I used when I  downloaded the trail version of the software, which is the same as the details I'm using to post messages to this discussion board.

I rang VMWare\s sales line yesterday but after 1 hour and 20 minutes of being on hold, I had to go to bed and get some sleep. Would I have better luck e-mailing them or are they unlikely to respond?

All I want to do is legitimately buy VMWare Fusion. It seems as if it would be less hassle to find an crack for the software and use it illegally than to buy it legitimately. Of course that is against the law and not something I would do but not everyone else has the same will power when it comes to using software.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
infobleep
Contributor
Contributor

I rang technical support after getting no where with sales and it turns out part of the profile wasn't completed. I wasn't even aware I had to complete it and there was no message to tell me that was the issue.

Sounds like VMWare need to make some improvements to their Web Site to make this more clear. The only good thing is that the disscount of VMWare got even bigger over night, so in some ways they did me a favour, whilst losing out on money in the process.

Kind regards

Tim

0 Kudos