VMware Communities
xapss
Contributor
Contributor

Accessing Windows-only drives on Mac

Hi there,

I'm having a problem. I would like to access windows files running mac os x.

I'm running Vista and Leopard. Is there a possibility to access the files created in windows in Leopard?

I bridged my internet connection, so I could view it as a network drive, but there must be a better solution...

Thanks in advance,

Maurice

btw... g-r-e-a-t product!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xapss
Contributor
Contributor

Did I formulate my question incorrectly or does nobody know the answer?

Thanks in advance,

Maurice

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You could install Bonjour for Windows on your Vista VM. Its available from the download tab at www.apple.com.

I am assuming you are wanting to get to Windows files from leopard while your Vista VM is up and running.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I believe a network share from the guest is currently the only way to do this.

0 Kudos
xapss
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the tips. I've tried to download bonjour for windows, but it's just a plugin. How can I see the settings or something? I mean, I do need to share this VM hdd with Leopard, right? Now how can I do that? Without affecting too much bandwidth?

Indeed, I've got a network drive that needs windows' encryption. That is one of the reasons why I needed Vista. I want to be able to view my files on that network drive, through finder on leopard. The network drive is the netgear sc101t, I've already tried to find mac osx drivers but they are still developed..

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You would need to share the drive from the windows machine once you had Bonjour on. I don't think that you would be able to share from the vista machine a remote network share. I don't think you will be able to read the files in finder if you are using some kind of MS proprietary encryption.