VMware Communities
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

8.5 Keeps crashing

About every 30 minutes to an hour it crashes. Its good that it only takes two seconds to reload but man is it annoying. Please fix it I only had a crash once a week maybe with the previous version.

45 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

FYI, we have successfully patched the issue internally and are in the process of regression testing.

We expect to release early next week to resolve this issue.

We had to work with Apple on this one because an API call that we have been using for years changed behaviour in 10.12 that wasn't apparent in the dev/beta builds.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
mbar63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike,

great to hear you fixed the issue.

While waiting for the patch, anything we can do to mitigate the problem?

Is it linked with Acceleradted 3D graphics? Is it related to standby mode?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Luke_H_NYC
Contributor
Contributor

Great news that a patch is coming.... PLEASE release this ASAP!!  This bug is killing me (and my VMs)

0 Kudos
bgarceau
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently running VMware Fusion:

Professional Version 8.5.6 (5234762)

I am seeing the same behavior, but in the following combination:

• Windows 10 Pro (all upgrades/updates applied)
  • VMware Fusion running in Unity mode
  • Outlook 2016, with Google Apps Sync

With the above combination the Guest OS will crash and restart repeatedly, about every 20-30 minutes. Occasionally this will also crash the Mac , causing it to restart as well!

The above works fine when in Fusion Single Window or Full Screen modes. When in Unity the Guest appears stable when using all MS Office apps EXCEPT Outlook.

I would be happy to provide additional info if needed. Unity is a great feature when working.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

I don't believe this is directly related to the same bug which was causing the crashes in this thread, tho the symptoms are similar.

Have you engaged support?

They're the best resource for both us and you. They can identify and isolate an issue, get things working for you, and then get a bug filed with our development team (or add a +1 to an existing bug to raise it's priority).

If you're able, please drop us a line at desktop-services@vmware.com and we can get you sorted out and figure out what's going on in your case.

Thanks

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
bgarceau
Contributor
Contributor

Will do. Thank you Michael.

0 Kudos