VMware Communities
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

8.5.2 has problems

#1 it has crashed and HARD 3 times in the last 3 days. Like my whole system is locked and I have to hold the button down in the back to restart..... AHHHHHHHH......I just now tried disabling drag and drop and cut and paste...pretty much everything else that I can disable is disabled..

#2 It is possessed ! My mouse was moving on its own for 10 minutes or so in Windows until I got bored of watching and trying to quit vmware f%^&ion and once again I had to restart the hard way.

Man I want to go back to 8.5s quick crashes......At least I didn't loose work. Can we please just have a nice clean working version? 8.5.1 seemed fine so I didn't think 8.5.2 was going to have some serious problems.

#3 If I am in the middle of an Autocad command and hit F8 Autocad freezes. I have to minimize and maximize the program it get it working again.. That was happening in 8.5.1 and I thought maybe they fixed that in 8.5.2....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Betazero,

Would you please upload your support bundle to this post? If the size is exceeded the limitation of this forum, please just provide *.log file.

I've just tried to run AutoCAD 2017 trial in Windows 10 guest with Fusion 8.5.2, and I did not hit the freezing issue while pressing F8 key in command box. It just toggled the 'Ortho' on/off, is it the expected behaviour?

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos