VMware Communities
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

64-bit VMDKmounter

I recently migrated to a 2011 MBP from my late 2007 MBP.  One difference is the new MBP boots by default into 64-bit.  Everything else seems to work fine in 64-bit except Fusion's VMDKmounter app.  I read somewhere that if I where to boot into 32-bit mode it should work fine.

Is there a plan to update VMDKmounter so it works when the machine is booted in 64-bit mode?

Are there other limitations (non-VMware) that prevent this from being fixed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This issue is due to the limitation of the latest official release of MacFUSE which only runs under the 32-bit kernel however if you don't mind using an unofficial version of MacFUSE then have a look at: MacFUSE for 64-bit Snow Leopard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This issue is due to the limitation of the latest official release of MacFUSE which only runs under the 32-bit kernel however if you don't mind using an unofficial version of MacFUSE then have a look at: MacFUSE for 64-bit Snow Leopard

0 Kudos
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you for referring me to that article.  I downloaded and installed that version of MacFUSE and can now mount VMDK's while my Mac is booted in 64-bit (it's default boot).

Now if VMware would get rid of the NTFS-3G hard coding I could read and write without a couple of extra unmount / mount steps as well.  (I'm using Tuxera NTFS).

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos