VMware Communities
u07ch
Contributor
Contributor

3rd Monitor

Hello

Am running fusion 2.0.2 on my Mac Pro 1.2

I run Windows 2003 Enterprise which as my workaday machine and i run over my dual 23" displays. Have added a third monitor to my mac pro this morning; so that i could run another vm on it; and i have found that Fusion will no longer let me run my 2003 session in dual screen mode. I get the message

"vmware fusion is configured for a smaller display size than the one your mac is currently using"

I am asked to restart my virtual machine to do something. I have done this 3 times; and when going to full screen mode i get a scroll bar representing the second monitor; but the screen never spans over it.

My new screen is a differant size; my two original screens are 1080p and my 20" screen is 1680xsomething. I would like to run the 2003 over the two 23" screens

thanks for any suggestions.

Chris

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try shutting down the virtual machine and Fusion, then reopening them?

0 Kudos
u07ch
Contributor
Contributor

Etung

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this restarting vmware; have gone all the way to a restart on my macpro. I get the same issue each time; i think that vmware is supposed to be setting a flag somewhere but failing. Have also tried both options on the view menu item "Use Single display in full screen"

Seems like a bug; the only other reference to this i can find was during beta testing and someone running Ubuntu.

http://communities.vmware.com/message/949833

0 Kudos