VMware Communities
wcw43210
Contributor
Contributor

3 Full Screen Displays - 2 for VM and 1 for OSX ??

Is it possible to have a VM utilize only 2 of my 3 displays - reserving the final display for OSX or a Full Screen VM?

"Use All Displays in Full Screen" is the only option I have and as suggested it uses everyone of my displays.

I have quite a bit of work that involves working with apps from various different VM's. It would be great if I could have 2 of my monitors reserved for administration tasks within my Windows VM's and have the remaining monitor left over to view reference materials on my MAC. This would be a great improvement vs toggling back and forth between environments.

This should be implemented in future releases if it is not possible. Perhaps the option to "Use <#> of Diplays in Full Screen" for each open VM.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wemgadge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I too would like to see the option to choose 2 monitors with the guest and 1 with the Mac side.  As a workaround, what I have been doing on my Macbook with two external monitors, is I set the virtual machine view to single window view and then I drag the single window into a large rectangle that spans across both of my external monitors.  Finally, the finishing touch is to click on the little chicklet button on the upper right corner of the single window view to reduce the size of the little grey bar along the top of the single window view.  This provides the functionality I need to use both screens.

0 Kudos