VMware Communities
avanpelt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

3.0.0 Error: "Could not publish or run one or more applications"

Hi, all.

I am running Fusion 3.0.0 using the trial license key at the moment.

All of my VM's from 2.0.6 appear to have imported into 3.0.0 with no problems, but my XP VM is giving me a VMware error message once the XP desktop finishes loading: "Could not publish or run one or more applications." The version of VMware Tools that comes with 3.0.0 is installed. If I click OK to the error message, it goes away and all appears to be normal. I'm just wondering why I'm getting this message and how the issue can be fixed.

A screenshot is attached.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sailesh_a
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, the good news is that if you're not running Fusion in Unity mode then this error can be safely ignored.

The bad news is that there are a number of issues that might cause this error and the error will be shown each time your run Fusion.

If you have some time it would help us if you could do the following:

- email us some support information. Run Help -> Collect Support Information. Send the resulting file to fusion-feedback@vmware.com

- in the email include a list of any programs you installed

Thanks,

Sailesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avanpelt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As an aside, I just re-installed 3.0.0 and the error message persists. Any ideas, anyone?

0 Kudos
sailesh_a
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, the good news is that if you're not running Fusion in Unity mode then this error can be safely ignored.

The bad news is that there are a number of issues that might cause this error and the error will be shown each time your run Fusion.

If you have some time it would help us if you could do the following:

- email us some support information. Run Help -> Collect Support Information. Send the resulting file to fusion-feedback@vmware.com

- in the email include a list of any programs you installed

Thanks,

Sailesh

0 Kudos
avanpelt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.

I just e-mailed the fusion-feedback address and included the Support Information file that was created. I don't typically run in "Unity", so the error message is probably more of a nuisance than anything.

0 Kudos
avanpelt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to let everyone know that Sailesh analyzed the file I sent to him and determined that having the DiVX Installer on my XP VM was the culprit for getting this error message. I uninstalled the entire DiVX Player Bundle via Add/Remove Programs in the VM, shut down the VM and quit VMware entirely and then restarted the VM and the error is no longer popping up when the XP desktop is loading.

I hope this helps if anyone else runs across this same problem. Sailesh has been very responsive and very helpful, and his help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
airover
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i met the same problem and the unity view didn't work, please help to resolve it

0 Kudos