VMware Communities
WardC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

15 "USB Connection" Growl notices each time I launch Fusion 4.1.1

I'm running Fusion 4.1.1 on 10.6.8 with two virtual machines, Win XP and Win 7.

When I launch Fusion (with both virtual machines suspended), HardwareGrowler displays 15 "USB Connection" notices -- one for each connected USB device plus a number of Bus and Hub devices.  See the attached screenshot.

The actual USB devices seem fine in both Mac OS X and Windows.  So the only annoyance is having to Option-Click one of the Growl notices to make them all disappear.

Is there a way to avoid these HardwareGrowler notices from Fusion?

I don't want to disable HardwareGrowler because I value its reports of device activity.

-- Ward

[ also submitted as a formal support request ]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi WardC,

What version of HardwareGrowler are you running? Going to take a look at what's possible here.

-Eric

0 Kudos
WardC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Eric,

Thanks for prompting me to check HardwareGrowler.  I was one rev behind because I'd skipped installing the newest HardwareGrowler when I updated to Growl 1.2.2.  (HardwareGrowler is in the "Extras" folder on the Growl disk image.)

HardwareGrowler 1.2.2 reports the same 15 USB Connections when Fusion 4.1.1 launches.

I neglected to mention in my original report that Fusion 3.1.3 did not trigger these HardwareGrowler notices.  They first appeared with Fusion 4.0.2 (my first Fusion 4 release).

Note:  Growl 1.2.2 is the latest release for Mac OS X 10.6.8.  Growl 1.3.2 requires 10.7.

-- Ward

0 Kudos