VMware Communities
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Anyone know if there's any Fusion issues with 10.5.2 (now that it's out)?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
hks22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No problems on my 2.4 SR MBP running Windows XP.

0 Kudos
matthewls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10.5.2 and 1.1.1 are working fine here.

Edit: Windows XP SP3 beta. Powerpoint shows also work better within unity mode--they use the whole screen. Also, a problem I used to have switching between unity and full screen (full screen stpped accepting keyboard and sometimes mouse input) hasn't shown up yet.

Edit 2: and restore from suspend was like lightening! 10.5.2 has some good fixings.

0 Kudos
Cass67
Contributor
Contributor

All ok here, XP and Solaris (nevada) run fine .. no apparent performance problems so far ...

EDIT :- Also should add, with the new graphics card updates switching from full screen to window is a whole lot quicker ... very nice to see ...

0 Kudos
BP9906
Expert
Expert

Hopefully since 10.5.2 is out that VMware will release a bigger update to Fusion. Sometimes development and releases are dependant on an OS for release.

1.1.1 is a teaser if you ask me. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
thf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi...

No apparent problems with either WinXP Pro or Fedora 8 with VMware 1.1.1 and 10.5.2 and Leopard Graphics Update.

Tom

0 Kudos
dslund
Contributor
Contributor

No new problems so far on my MacBook 2.0 or my iMac 20" 2.4. Like another response restoring from suspend is many times faster.

0 Kudos
retro83
Contributor
Contributor

I have a SR Macbook with the X3100 card and since 10.5.2 the graphics in Fusion have become slower, despite the rest of the OS suddenly feeling much faster.

Dragging windows around in "Windowed mode" now results in choppy performance and half drawn windows shown on screen. This did not happen before - it felt like native Windows, now it feels emulated. If you've ever used VNC you will know the effect I mean, it is like a slight lag on every action.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VMWare tools and drivers but there is no change. I hope somebody figures out a fix soon! I'm working in it all day...

0 Kudos
pkvmforum
Contributor
Contributor

My vmware working yesterday morning. I upgraded to 10.5.2 last night. Running vmware this morning prompts me that my serial number is expired. Enter my serial number - verified it online as well - and click on OK. Nothing happens. Can't run any virtual machines. Just got off vmware support chat - recommended I initiate a support ticket. yeah right, i'll just use parallels.

0 Kudos
KenV
Contributor
Contributor

I installed 10.5.2, followed by the graphics update which requires 10.5.2. I have been using Fusion 1.1.1 with a VM based upon my Boot Camp partition, which means it is an IDE rather than SCSI drive.

It may be my imagination, since I don't have any programs to run benchmarks, but it seems to me that the Windows VM is running significantly faster than before I installed these 2 updates, and no other changes were made in my system. Maybe it's just the graphics update that is responsible, since I didn't run the VM in between the 10.5.2 update and the graphics update.

Have others had the same impression?

0 Kudos
matthewls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes.

0 Kudos
pkvmforum
Contributor
Contributor

Thankfully... removed vmware with appzapper and reinstalled - working fine now!

0 Kudos
keihin
Contributor
Contributor

Running WinXP SP2 under Fusion 1.1.1 on MacBook Pro Core2Duo.

VM launches successfully and all appears to be well. Networking is fine. Speed and responsiveness seem slightly better.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Running vmware this morning prompts me that my serial number is expired.

Are you sure you're using a retail (not trial) key? 1.1.1 should not change anything about how keys work, I think it's more likely you're using a trial key and it happened to expire at the same time you updated.

0 Kudos
matthewls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Speed and responsiveness seem slightly better."

To me an understatement. Now the restore of my XP Vmachine from suspend is almost instantaneous. Has anyone tried 10.5.2 with parallels (I uninstalled my copy)?

I also just found that I can stretch the single window mode to includ both monitors...trying full screen now...nope. It reverts to one screen. Darn.

0 Kudos
ldp1953
Contributor
Contributor

Mac Book Pro 2.6 mhz with 4GB ram....not one issue after the upgrades. Seamless and a bit faster. :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
HobbitFootAussi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you install the subsequent Leopard Graphics Update 1.0?

0 Kudos
ldp1953
Contributor
Contributor

<<Did you install the subsequent Leopard Graphics Update 1.0?>>

Yes. I first installed 10.5.2. The system rebooted and I checked for upgrades again and download the Graphics update. Rebooted after the install and i was...and continue to be, good to go. it was as easy as beating an Aussie in rugby, or Aussie rules footbal, for that matter!

:smileycool:

0 Kudos
marstonstudio
Contributor
Contributor

Since upgrading to 10.5.2, I'm having trouble with NAT networking from inside my Debian install running in Fusion. Anybody else have networking issues?

0 Kudos
iCV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've installed both patches 10.5.2 and Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 on my MacBook C2D Santa Rosa with x3100 card.

I running VMWare 1.1.1 in full screen.

When move a simple Explorer windows on the screen the movement is not fluid it seem choppy; that is frustrating!

Was better with 10.5.1 !

Please anyone of the VMWare Team can develop a better SVGA driver for X3100 card?

0 Kudos