VMware Communities
HobbitFootAussi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

10.5.1 and Fusion 1.1

Looking for anyone who has installed 10.5.1 on a 10.5 machine already running Fusion 1.1 before I jump to 10.5.1 Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yaztromo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So far so good over here. I haven't stress-tested either yet, but some quick sanity tests thus far show no issues.

Yaz.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
webgoat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm running 10.5.1 and Fusion 1.1 with no problems.

SR MBP

Yaztromo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So far so good over here. I haven't stress-tested either yet, but some quick sanity tests thus far show no issues.

Yaz.

0 Kudos
hugheba
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I upgraded to VMware Fusion 1.1 when it came out the other day.

I upgraded to OSX 10.5.1 today and now notice I get an "Access Denied" error message when I try to open a Shared Folder of a volume on my mac.

I checked to make sure it didn't default these back to "Read Only" and they weren't.

Anybody else experience this?

0 Kudos
Rzn8tor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Shared folders are working OK for me: 10.5.1/1.1 with WinXP guest.

BP9906
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

10.5.1 should fix the read-only issue, though I havent tested it. I installed 10.5.1 @ home on lunch but didnt play w/ Fusion yet.

My initial impression is that your XP VM is XP Pro and you need to set your authentication security policy from Guest to Authenticated Users via secpol.msc.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So far so, good OS X 10.5.1 MacBook Pro, bridged (wireless), nat (wireless), Shared Folders, Windows Sharing, Drag and Drop

0 Kudos
BP9906
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yep just tried it out. Runs fine. Leopard read-only sharing issue is fixed. I can easily access shares on my XP Pro VM.

0 Kudos
HobbitFootAussi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Took the plunge and so far so good. I'm very very happy with Leopard, but even more happy that the .1 issues are taken care of. Same with VMWare.

I have a rock solid system now.

0 Kudos
Gangee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So far so good. 10.5.1 and Fusion 1.1

I'll also add that Fusion is way more stable than Parallels.

0 Kudos
kthacher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Parallels switchers - are there any significant feature deficiencies in Fusion compared to Parallels? I am running out of patience with Parallels on the Leopard thing and am thinking about switching.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you looked at VMware's new Importer in Fusion 1.1? It makes switching from Parallels pretty easy.

0 Kudos