VMware Communities
virek
Contributor
Contributor

1 or 2 little glitches in v1.1

I had 2 separate issues yesterday with v1.1.

1. Fusion unexpectedely quit yesterday whilst running an XP vm...no idea why. I did have rather a lot of apps (both win and Mac) open, most notably Word en Excel 2004 (I only say 'most notably' because they use Rosetta). I started fusion again then clicked on the vm and it immediately showed the vm in a running state. I carried on using the vm without issue after that until I suspended the guest.

I suspect it was just the application interface that crashed without bringing down the vm (Sherlock Holmes eat your heart out). I didn't think to check the running processes to confirm. I will next time.

2. Second issue I suspended a guest (again the same XP vm) whist in Unity mode and the 2 windows app icons stayed in the Dock. When clicking on one of the icons I was redirected to the vm window (now a window after the suspend operation) but the vm remained suspended. Right-clicking and choosing Quit got rid of the icons and did nothing in the vm (as I would expect and want it to do).

I'll report these as bugs. Anyone else had these?

Matthew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I suspect it was just the application interface that crashed without bringing down the vm (Sherlock Holmes eat your heart out). I didn't think to check the running processes to confirm. I will next time.

Yep, sounds like a UI crash. If this happens again, vmware-vmfusion.log immediately after the crash (but before you restart Fusion) would be helpful.

2. Second issue I suspended a guest (again the same XP vm) whist in Unity mode and the 2 windows app icons stayed in the Dock. When clicking on one of the icons I was redirected to the vm window (now a window after the suspend operation) but the vm remained suspended. Right-clicking and choosing Quit got rid of the icons and did nothing in the vm (as I would expect and want it to do).

There are some known issues with docker integration, I think these qualify.

0 Kudos
virek
Contributor
Contributor

Will attach log, if it happens again.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. I get the UI crash about every other day. It usually only happens to me when the VM is in Full screen mode. The only way to get back to MAC OSX, because the cntrl Apple keys don't work is to use spaces to move back to anotehr workspace. If I click back on the space with the full screen VM, the VM works fine, I just can't get out of it without using spaces. If I kill VMWare Fusion and restart it, the VM keeps on chugging.

2. Haven't seen it.

0 Kudos