VMware Communities
Turgee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1.1.3 to 2.0.1...Will there be trouble?

I am contemplating the update, but I don't want to have to make any calls to Mumbai, due to system changes.

What should I expect? I am currently downloading the download... anybody want to add their $.02?

Much appreciated in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am contemplating the update, but I don't want to have to make any calls to Mumbai, due to system changes.

What should I expect? I am currently downloading the download... anybody want to add their $.02?

If you spent any time in the Forum you know that lots of people have had issue with Fusion 2.x and some like myself chose to go back to 1.x however I think the best thing to do is give it a try for yourself and see how it goes for you. I'd strongly suggest you backup your Virtual Machines before upgrading and that way if you have issues and want to go back to 1.x you'll have good virtual machines that haven't been touched by 2.x.

While I'm sure there are many and most likely the majority's of uses that have upgraded haven't had any issues none-the-less there are those of us that have had issues and to the degree that going back to 1.x was the only viable solution so just be prepared with known good valid backups and then at worst you'll have nothing more then to loose but a little time if you do have issues and if you don't then that's even better.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you spent any time in the Forum you know that lots of people have had issue with Fusion 2.x and some like myself chose to go back to 1.x however I think the best thing to do is give it a try for yourself and see how it goes for you. I'd strongly suggest you backup your Virtual Machines before upgrading and that way if you have issues and want to go back to 1.x you'll have good virtual machines that haven't been touched by 2.x.

While I'm sure there are many and most likely the majority's of uses that have upgraded haven't had any issues none-the-less there are those of us that have had issues and to the degree that going back to 1.x was the only viable solution so just be prepared with known good valid backups and then at worst you'll have nothing more then to loose but a little time if you do have issues and if you don't then that's even better.

0 Kudos
Turgee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks WoodyZ:

I have not spent much time in the forum... I just became aware of 2.0.1 through Amazon.com; I am TERRIBLE at this stuff.

I really only want a virtual Windows (XP/ sp3) for the purposes of College use, and not gaming.

Any more direction to fruitful discussions you might give me would be most-welcome, since I such a "novice".

I like the Idea of multiple snapshots though.

Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos