VMware Communities
twynne
Contributor
Contributor

1.0 RC - Love it! :-D

I just wanted to say that (so far) the RC resolves the few minor issues I had with the beta. Unity mode now properly shows window contents when minimised, launch menu works as it should (love the icons - wish they showed when right-clicking the Fusions icon as well). Great work dev team!!

Tom

... eyeing the Parallels icon, eyeing the Trash, eyeing the Parallels icon, eyeing the Trash... 😄

0 Kudos
14 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Thanks so much for the kind words. The team really appreciates it!

0 Kudos
Moosman
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed... works great for me... running Unity in Vista works well... not sure about the Vista logo in bottom left corner though (under Unity) useful to launch applications but can it be turned of?

0 Kudos
sarangiman
Contributor
Contributor

FINALLY. VMWare Tools installs in Windows Vista Ultimate for me. Before, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the install past 20% or so. This time, worked like a charm.

Great! Thanks! Now I can finally test out Fusion. Thinking of switching over from the Parallels camp, as under Parallels, the VM typically utilizes 70% CPU even while idle...

Cheers,

Rishi

0 Kudos
bradsjm
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, obviously a lot of work has been done on Unity and it shows, keep up the good work!

0 Kudos
Jerry_G
Contributor
Contributor

I also feel compelled to highly compliment the development team. Tried out beta 4 after having a number of issues with Parallels, which didn't occur with Fusion. Immediately fell in love with Fusion and purchased a SN. RC1 is terrific.

Is there any chance of seeing dual monitor support in a future version? For a few of the things I do, dual monitors are preferable and that's the only thing keeping Apple's boot camp going for me.

Message was edited by:

Jerry_G

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I also feel compelled to highly compliment the

development team. Tried out beta 4 after having a

number of issues with Parallels, which didn't occur

with Fusion. Immediately fell in love with Fusion and

purchased a SN. RC1 is terrific.

Thanks for your kind words, the team appreciates the support.

Is there any chance of seeing dual monitor support in

a future version? For a few of the things I do, dual

monitors are preferable and that's the only thing

keeping Apple's boot camp going for me.

It is VMware policy to not discuss future products and roadmaps until products are formally announced. However, I think that multi-monitor would personally be great in a future product release.

Pat

0 Kudos
hks22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Add me to the list of happy users. Just installed RC1 and tested out all the needs I have to run Windows on my Mac. Everything is working perfectly. Love the way in Unity mode, the icon appears in the dock and also on the alt-tab list.

All in all a great job. I will be recommending Fusion to all my friends, including those still on a PC.

0 Kudos
thf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi...

Just finished installing RC_1 + Tools for WinXP(IE7) and WinXP(IE6) and Fedora 7 and Kubuntu.

No problems at all.

Thanks for an excellent piece of software.

Tom

0 Kudos
ashwinds
Contributor
Contributor

LOL - I trashed it on day 1 too. Fusion \*seems* much faster. I have not tried the new parallels beta - and I may not. Thanks vmware - this looks a good product. Unity may still need to catch up with a few niceties in the new parallels, but overall - this looks very good. I will buy soon (hope we do have time till Aug? I am worried with the RC cycle already kicking in!!) Thanks again.

0 Kudos
gringostarr
Contributor
Contributor

I second the request for Dual display support (but in a better way that parallels). I can see that Unity must be implemented by mapping each Windows window onto a hidden OS X one, so it should be possible to take that a step further and allow those windows to be drawn on a second monitor. I'm guessing there may be a bit more of an overhead for the extra buffering that would have to be done but it would rock if it was introduced.

Keep up the good work!

0 Kudos
mechcon
Contributor
Contributor

Hah, and to think I was contemplating selling/refunding my pre-order license!!! I'm a keeping it! I'm very impressed with RC1, Vista is so much faster/more responsive than in Parallels.. A few things I can suggest for RC2 or perhaps FINAL ???

\- Unity:

\* allow the dock icon to activate the start menu

\* or find an alternative to access the start menu in that sense Smiley Happy

\- Open GL Support PLEEEEASE!

\- Direct X (and Open GL) for Vista

\- Aero? :smileygrin:

\- Allow ejecting of discs immediately from pressing EJECT on the keyboard

\- keep kicking ass guys!

0 Kudos
Andreas_Masur
Expert
Expert

- Open GL Support PLEEEEASE!

- Direct X (and Open GL) for Vista

- Aero? :smileygrin:

- Allow ejecting of discs immediately from pressing

EJECT on the keyboard

- keep kicking ass guys!

Well...do not want to get you back to reality...however, being in RC now, Fusion is actually feature complete....so I guess you will need to wait for a future release...

Ciao, Andreas

0 Kudos
ashwinds
Contributor
Contributor

\- Unity:

\* allow the dock icon to activate the start menu

Is'nt this there already?

0 Kudos
jbrowdy
Contributor
Contributor

I second request for dual moniters. I also hope the team finds a way to fix the proble in this thread: http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=676558&#676558. I would also like to stop having to activate my bootcamp install.

0 Kudos