VMware Edu & Cert Community
cinek22
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] - On Demand - valid for VCP6-DCV?

I passed both my exams and now need to do a course. I was hoping to do https://mylearn.vmware.com/myCourseAvail_ct.cfm?s=68750&user=1334272&c=64235&ui=www_eduVMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] - On Demand as it doesn't involve me taking time off work. Is this course valid for VCP6-DCV to get certified? The only reason I'm asking is that even tho it's listed on the site, if I login to mylearn and click on the link under training plan, I get the following message:

VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] - On Demand is not currently available in VMware Education or any other portals.

Click here to send a message to the college administrator to request this course.

If I however click on this course from the requirements page (VCP6-DCV Certification) it works fine and allows me to pay for the course. Just want to double check that if I complete the on demand course it will count towards the certification

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌Yes it is, it wouldn't be listed on the VCP6-DCV page otherwise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cinek22
Contributor
Contributor

funny thing, or not... passed the exam after the on demand course, now after the portal upgrade the course is no longer listed as validCapture.JPG

despite still showing up on the main page VCP6-DCV Certification

0 Kudos
cinek22
Contributor
Contributor

support initially said there's an issue which should be fixed in 3-4 days, now there's no ETA, wth is going on?

0 Kudos