VMware Edu & Cert Community
sammurthy
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE VIEW Delivery

Hi , Im an VCI, I have delivered more than 40 classes , now im planning to start with VMware view delivery , can any let me what is process, is it requried to go through TTT for view.

Im attending a VDM training , will that one help to take classes on View

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure you speak with your VMware contact. He or she will discuss with you the requirements to ramp up for teaching the VMware View course.

In my personal opinion, the old VDM 2 course will help you with some aspects of preparation but not all. The VDM 2 course goes into much more detail on Windows domain and remote-desktop technologies than does the newer View course. The View course treats those as having already been mastered by instructor and students, and they are listed as course prerequisites.

However, the VMware View product family, as well as the View course, is bigger than just VDM. The old course focused on the VMware connection broker, VDM 2. But VMware View contains three parts: the new connection broker (called View Manager 3), a solution for saving disk space on desktop images (View Composer), and application virtualization (ThinApp). You'll see a continuity between VDM 2 and View Manager 3, but a VCI may need to learn View Composer and ThinApp from square one.

0 Kudos