VMware Edu & Cert Community
UsmanAyub
Contributor
Contributor

Difference between VATC and VMware IT Academy

Hi Experts,

I would like to know the differences between VMware Authorized Training Center (VATC) and VMware IT Academy and what are the requirements of both.

A quick response would be highly appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A VATC (VMware Authorized Training Center) is a partner who trains people at a corporate level. Usually courses run 3-5 days in a specific week and are geared towards those already working in the field. Global Knowledge and New Horizons are a couple of examples.

VITA (VMware IT Academy) is for colleges and universities who want to offer virtualization as part of an overall degree program (either elective or required). The courses are taught over a period of a few months and the audience is for those new to virtualization and the IT Field (generally).

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To add to this, there are 4 other differences I can highlight:

1. Only VATCs use VMware Certified Instructors.

2. The VITAs I know of only train people who are paying for their own training.

3. VITAs charge a lower fee than a VATC.

4. VATCs usually sell or re-sell the latest courses across the product portfolio - VITAs often offer only the base Install Configure Manage course on vSphere, and take longer to update their offering to the latest product version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
UsmanAyub
Contributor
Contributor

scott28ttlbourque‌ thanks for your prompt responses and guidance.

Also there is another thing named VERP. What's the differnce between VATC and VERP.

Regards

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VERP = VMware Education Reseller Partner.

VERPs re-sell places onto courses delivered directly by VMware's own Education team.

You'll find all the dates/locatons for those courses delivered by VMware or by a VATC on the Education pages: VMware Education

Many VATCs are also VERPs - they deliver some courses themselves, and re-sell places onto those courses run directly by VMware. Regardless of who does the delivery, the course will be taught by a VCI (this is not true for a VITA as mentioned previously)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Sahibzada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I have been reading your posts since 2013 and they are very useful and helpful for people like me.

Could you please guide or help me out as well for finding a VCI sponsor. I have seen that you helped and guided a lot of people in this regard.

Kindly help me as well because I am looking for this since 2 years but no luck Smiley Sad .

@

Please help me out if possible.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌My guidance is simple - make friends with VATCs that cover your geographical area.

You can use this tool to find authorised training locations, the VATCs should list their classes there: VMware Education - Courses by Location

Only those that need additional VCI resource are likely to sponsor you, so ask as many as you can.

0 Kudos
Sahibzada
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the guidance. Can you please share your email address or what's app number?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can email me at vmtraining.blog@gmail.com

0 Kudos