VMware Cloud Community
YC_Hyun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRops deployment failed in vCF 2.3.1

Hi all.

I have a question about deploying vRops in vCF 2.3.1 using SDDC Manager.

In vCF 2.3.1, vRealize components need to assigned dedicated VLAN.

So, I have assigned and deployed a different network than the management network, and the following error occurs.

vCF version : 2.3.1

Managenent Network : 172.16.16.0 /22

vRealize Network : 172.16.20.0 /22

Automated task list :

1. vDS Portgroup, Uplink configuration : Success

2. TOR Switch VLAN configuration  : Success

3. Deploy Edge for vRealize : Failed

> vrealize edge is deployed and then removed. (check for attachments)

If you know anyone, I will ask for your help.

Thank you

Best Regards

Hyun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gleed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've seen this happen in my lab as well.   After the ESG is deployed, the SDDC manager will try to ping the IP, if the ping fails it will remove the VM. 

If you SSH to the SDDC Manager Controller VM and tail the log file:  "/home/vrack/vrm/logs/evosddc-debug.log" do you see a message about checks for vRealize-Edg0-0 failing?  It will retry several times before eventually failing.

In my case, the cause was a routing issue.  My SDDC Manager was on subnet 192.168.32.0/22 and my vROps was on subnet 172.20.0.0/21.  I talked to my network team and they had to add a static route in the upstream routers.  VCF configured the VLANs & subnets on the ToRs, but the upstream network wasn't configured to route the 172.20.0.0/21 traffic back down.

-Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gleed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've seen this happen in my lab as well.   After the ESG is deployed, the SDDC manager will try to ping the IP, if the ping fails it will remove the VM. 

If you SSH to the SDDC Manager Controller VM and tail the log file:  "/home/vrack/vrm/logs/evosddc-debug.log" do you see a message about checks for vRealize-Edg0-0 failing?  It will retry several times before eventually failing.

In my case, the cause was a routing issue.  My SDDC Manager was on subnet 192.168.32.0/22 and my vROps was on subnet 172.20.0.0/21.  I talked to my network team and they had to add a static route in the upstream routers.  VCF configured the VLANs & subnets on the ToRs, but the upstream network wasn't configured to route the 172.20.0.0/21 traffic back down.

-Kyle

YC_Hyun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.

This is exactly the same situation you have experienced.

But In my case, I solved the problem by configuring the ESG(not vRealize-Edge for LB) without adding static routing to the upstream routers.

I created an ESG for VLAN routing. I'll have to test it a bit more to see if this is the right one, but I could see that there was a routing problem with your help.

Thank you again.

Hyun

0 Kudos