VMware Cloud Community
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA and vRO for VCF

I noticed vRA and vRO have their VRLI agent set to not configurable, why is a VRLI agent group created from Linux - Systemd when it can't modify the configuration of the agent on vRA and vRO? Is VCF changing the agent to configurable in the background?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Assuming VCF 4.1 and later, If vRealize Automation is deployed in "vcf-mode" from a vRSLCM instance managed by SDDC Manager and where vRealize Log Insight is already deployed and managed, then vRealize Automation is automatically configured to send logs to vRealize Log Insight Cluster over TCP 9000 - essentially it uses the "vracli vrli set" to configure Fluentd to send the logs over the unencrypted path.

You can use the PowerValidatedSolutions module to return the status of the configuration or set it, too, after deployment.

https://github.com/vmware-samples/power-validated-solutions-for-cloud-foundation/pull/97

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The step I was looking at is when you create the Agent Group from Linux - Systemd in vRLI, when you add vRA or vRO it says the agent can't be configured. In /etc/liagent.ini global_config is set to no not allowing the content pack customization to the agent config on the monitored appliance.

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hat guide (link?) are you following specifically?

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ah, gotcha. Yes, it does look like an issue based on a testbed I just looked at moments ago. 

Please login to docs.vmware.com using VMware Customer Connect and use the Send Feedback option. This will open a documentation issue for this VMware Validated Solution that myself and our team will review.

tenthirtyam_1-1673297096824.png

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just sent feedback, thanks. I'll wait to see what we should be doing, I'm guessing a new empty group that has no configuration so that the appliances are still grouped together for easy viewing.

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If we update the solution, we'll note changes in the Update History. I'll make a note to review it for the February update if needed.

0 Kudos