We are planning to add additional HA cluster to the VI workload domain we would like to know if the below is supported
1) Can we have clusters with different H/Ws
We have our production cluster with 19X ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Plus
We have 3 X R740XD vSAN Ready Node we would like it to be part of a dedicated HA cluster
Is this supported?
2) Is it supported if we create a cluster directly in the vCenter rather than through VCF?
You required to go by commission procedure using SDDC, you can not add host directly in the cluster if 1% you added it would not be manageable by SDDC
1. VMware Cloud Foundation is supported on vSphere-compatible server hardware which meets the minimum requirements for VMware Cloud Foundation and the desired workloads. For Workload Domains using vSAN, refer to the vSAN Compatibility Guide (https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=vsan) and the VMware Cloud Foundation product documentation for details. (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/index.html)
2.VCF creates the vCenter during the bringup , creates the clusters , enable vsan , create the datastore , vds . directly creating a new Cluster under VCF is not supported . In other words you will be breaking the VCF design . There is no point of using VCF if you want to create a Clusters directly .
1. Yes, it is supported as long as the new hardware is on VMware HLC.
2. No, this is not supported in VCF. You must create the additional cluster using SDDC Manager.
Hope this helps.