VMware Cloud Community
pmakhijani
Community Manager
Community Manager

VCF Product Team is looking for feedback!

The VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) team is looking for early feedback on new functionalities and design concepts for applying Licenses to workload domains in VCF. As a VCF customer, one would update Licenses to ensure that the infrastructure is in licensed state. We are introducing some new capabilities, where users can apply license keys to workload domains in VCF and consume a streamlined Licensing experience.
If you are a VCF user, fill out this form mentioning your details and join us for a 45 minute virtual session to provide feedback and help shape the Licensing journey in VCF.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some feedback on SDDC Manager in VCF 4.5.0.

Please can you add an 'acknowledge' option to silence the red/warning and blue/notification banners that keep popping up every few minutes?

MC1903_0-1677588280431.png

I am fed up being blasted with your 'supports subscription' messaging! I know it does and I might explore that option in my own time; I don't need to be nagged constantly.

The 2 red/warnings are just as annoying. They are both complaining that my NSX-T manager DNS and NTP server configurations may not be uniform when they are. You need to fix the detection of both please and/or allow me to silence this noise as well.

Bundle Management page is awful and confusing. I would like to hide bundles that have no relevance to me. I don't use NSX-V so it would be nice to filter these bundles out. I am using VCF 4.5.0, so do I really need to see the VCF 4.4.0 bundles? Same with vCenter Server; I am using VC 7.0.3.01000-20395099, so do I need to see the two previous versions?

Additionally, it would be really helpful to get a current bundle download speed (Mbps) as well as the percentage bar. An estimate on download time would also be really good. Not everyone is on superfast internet connections and knowing the download will be around 3 hours allows me to go do something else whilst waiting.

Finally, adding a sortable release date column on the Bundle Management page would make working out what's new a whole lot easier.

Thanks

M

0 Kudos
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additional feedback on the Add VI Workload wizard.

If on the license selection step there are not enough licenses, please have it rescan the available licenses every few seconds (or add a license rescan button). I opened another SDDC manager session, installed additional vSphere licenses; but the wizard does not pick the new ones up. I had to restart the whole process, which is a real pain in the rear end.

MC1903_1-1677594297027.png

If you could allow the wizard to be saved at any point and resumed later, that would be amazing.

Thx.

M

0 Kudos
pmakhijani
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MC1903 Thank you Martin for the feedback, I've passed it along to the team. 

MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Initial VCF 5.0.0 SDDC Manager feedback...

Once again, please add a way to acknowledge and permanently silence these annoying banners.

This is a clean VCF 5.0 install, so why are you giving me critical information on upgrading to VCF 5.0? Also, why is this banner not cancellable like the others?

MC1903_1-1686130448654.png

The continual forced product marketing around subscription is getting tiresome for me. If I have got to the stage of installing VCF in my environment, I am more than aware of the licensing options available to me.

Thanks

M

cynack
Contributor
Contributor

Where is/if any documentation on esaConfig out of the box? Nothing can be found to deploy management wld with cloud builder as it is not vsanSpec parameter. Additionally, if it’s not deployed OOB to management wld, upon vSAN wld API it’s not enabled and thus cannot be accepted during validations!!! Not to mention the UI shows 0 support to enable the feature during cluster creation. 

0 Kudos
IKostova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @cynack!

Have you come across this page in the VMware Cloud Foundation Design document?

Supported Storage Types for VMware Cloud Foundation ?

Cheers!

0 Kudos