VMware Cloud Community
SkyVega
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCF - Consolidated Architecture Model question

Hello's,

I have a question on the Consolidated Arch model. Assuming I have a cluster of ~11 nodes (At which point Standard Architecture Model is recommended), but my preference or situation requires that I run all workloads (Management and VI Workloads) in a single cluster and therefore the Consolidated Arch Model, will VCF permit this or will it require that I break the cluster into a Management Cluster and Cluster supporting VI workloads? I understand the benefits of Having a dedicated Management Cluster. I'm looking to understand the flexibility options available if I opted to run all workloads in a single Domain.

Thanks,

Sky,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can do this. Cloud Foundation does not limit the cluster size in the consolidated architecture. You can have as many hosts in the cluster as documented in the Configuration Maximums guide.

Just note that you would not have VI Workload Domain capabilities in this case. This is why we usually recommend switching to the full architecture if you have enough hosts. But this is not a requirement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can do this. Cloud Foundation does not limit the cluster size in the consolidated architecture. You can have as many hosts in the cluster as documented in the Configuration Maximums guide.

Just note that you would not have VI Workload Domain capabilities in this case. This is why we usually recommend switching to the full architecture if you have enough hosts. But this is not a requirement.

SkyVega
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Frank for your timely reply!

Sky.

0 Kudos