VMware Cloud Community
drkytoo
Contributor
Contributor

VCF 4.4.1 & Lifecycle Manager Unable to Install vRealize

1. Originally Installed VCF 4.4.0, used SDDC to upgrade to 4.4.1 successfully.

2. Deployed Lifecycle manager successfully using SDDC.

3. Logged into lifecycle manager and unable to install any vRealize suite.

1. When I use my "my.vmware.com" account, when I try to map binaries, it gives me a '404'. Status message : {"message":"No results found. Error. I am unable to download any binaries from my.vmware.com. I've added my VMUG license keys into the portal and into SDDC manager AND into lifecycle manager, does not make a difference.

2. I downloaded the binaries from VMUG and manually copied them to /data on lifecycle manager and then mapped the binaries. This works for everything except for VMware IDentity manager as VMUG doesn't offer the latest version 3.3.6 for download. When I try to install I get this error: "No content found corresponding to SDDC Manager version 4.4.1 This could be due to version incompatibility between vRSLCM and SDDC Manager. "

3. I can find no documentation on finding out why the binaries aren't being copied from SDDC to lifecycle manager, but I did a manual copy of the only version that SDDC had "3.3.5" and I get this error when I try to import the binaries. One or more selected files checksums does not match with any product versions supported by vRealize Lifecycle Manager: [/data/identity-manager-3.3.2.0-15951611_OVF10.ova, /data/identity-manager-3.3.5.0-18049997_OVF10.ova]

4. The only way I can get anything to work is to unselect the "SDDC Integration", but once I do that I lose the ability to install VMware Identity Manager, and it also won't let me import an older version into VRLCM. And i'm assuming I lose all SDDC Integration.

5. Previously when I installed earlier VCF version this has worked without an issue,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so please do check if you have any proxy configured on your environment . once you add my.vmware.com into Lifecycle manager , all the bundle will be visible and you should be able to download it. 

With VCF 4.4 the VRSLCM is decouple from SDDC . Meaning From SDDC you will download the VRSLCM install image and deploy it. rest of the components will not be Part of VCF BOM , so all the VIDM , VRA , VROPS ,vRLI , VRNI should be downloaded only from VRSLCM . 

copying binaries form SDDC will not work here. 

your vRSLCM should be as this is compatible to 4.4.1 . as per the BOM https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/4.4.1/rn/vmware-cloud-foundation-441-release-note...

you can see until VCF 4.3 releases the BOM will show u the all compatible versions for realize suite . from 

VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager8.6.218 JAN 202219221620

Binaries' has to be downloaded form my.vmware.com . if there no proxy restrictions for download in your environment it will automatically download when u click on add product in the vRSLCM => settings- > binaries' _> add product. 

you try to download the VIDM bundle form my.vmware.com see if that work . if that is also not working , then you have a proxy or firewall issue on your environment. 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
jmramirezch
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue, you just need to download the lates Product Support Pack and then you'll be able to install software as expected.

Let me know if that's helpful

--
Jose Manuel
Cloud Infrastructure & Services Architect | Azure Solutions Architect | VMUG Costa Rica SteerCo | VMUG Leader Alumni | vExpert 2017-2022 | Scrum Master