VMware Cloud Community
gilpena
Contributor
Contributor

VCF 4.3.1 to VCF 4.4 Mgmt Domain stretch cluster ESXi upgrade fails

I have a VCF 4.3.1 mgmt domain stretch cluster. I am trying to upgrade the ESXI hosts via SDDC Manager GUI.  The upgrade ESXi cluster task is failing after each host upgrade with with the following msg (VCF 4.4 is disabling SSH on the host after the 4.4 upgrade):

DescriptionUpgrade - ESX_HOST sfo02-m01-esx05.pde.lab.vce.com
Progress MessagesError running post validation: Existing SSH key not found for host sfo02-m01-esx05.pde.lab.vce.com

Error

Message: Error running post validation: Existing SSH key not found for host sfo02-m01-esx05.pde.lab.vce.com

Remediation Message: The Cluster status is not healthy (green). Check for errors in the lcm log files located on SDDC Manager under /var/log/vmware/vcf/lcm. Please retry the upgrade once the upgrade is available again.

Reference Token: UR165D

Cause:

I have not found a way to retry the Upgrade Domain - [xxx] using BUNDLE - HOST-7.03-19193900 task. So basically on SDDC Manager I select the domain > available updates and select Retry Update which results in an upgrade of the next management domain stretch cluster host.   SDDC Manager precheck is passing. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeviVmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

This is failing at post validation. thats why when you retry it is giving next host/cluster.  it is worth sharing lcm.log from sddc to look at it further. Also can you share events for esxi host from vcenter during upgrade.

0 Kudos
gilpena
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened an SR under my id and uploaded the lcm-debug file. Your message about vCenter events was unclear. Are you asking for a specific VC log.

0 Kudos
DeviVmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

events for esxi host which was showing failed in SDDC. 

0 Kudos