VMware Cloud Community
nblr06
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCF 3.7 deployment with NSX-T?

hello guys,

Does anyone know that whether the new installation of VCF version 3.7 can be deployed with NSX-T or not?

I do know that version 3.7.x series are so old in nowadays and it's almost end of all the support. Just wanna understand some details in this version.

The VMware blog listed the software BOM of version 3.7 in Announcing VMware Cloud Foundation 3.7 General Availability - VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) Blog, and it showed both NSX-T and NSX-V are supported.

I acquired the official excel file, "vcf-ems-deployment-parameter", of VCF 3.7. however, it seemed that only NSX-V parameters can be filled in, not NSX-T. As shown in figure below.(captured from file)

nblr06_0-1635231910411.png

nblr06_1-1635231952633.png

A little bit confused, is it true that NSX-V is the only NSX that supported in the bring-up process of VCF 3.7??

thanks!! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCF 3.x Series only support NSX-V for Management domain , when u deploy that it will only take NSX-V . 

after the VCF bring up is done, when you create the VI WLD there u have option to choice either NSX-V or NSX-T , thats why the release notes mention both version there. 

NSX-T only support in VI WLD. in VCF 3.x series . 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCF 3.x Series only support NSX-V for Management domain , when u deploy that it will only take NSX-V . 

after the VCF bring up is done, when you create the VI WLD there u have option to choice either NSX-V or NSX-T , thats why the release notes mention both version there. 

NSX-T only support in VI WLD. in VCF 3.x series . 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
klancy43
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

execuse me,

if the NSX-T is going to be used in VCF 3.X environment, then both the product and license are independent and cannot be managed(no automation?) from VCF?

0 Kudos
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Either cases the license has to be applied on SDDC Manager for nSX-T , vSAN etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed