VMware Cloud Community
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCF 2.3.1 OVA Repository

Hello,

I tried to deploy vROPs through SDDC Manager interface but during the deployment and vrops' bring up process it complained about vrops' ova file.

I am looking for the OVA image repository to verify the correct ova file is there. Can anyone help me with that?

Best,

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You my want to open a support case for this.

0 Kudos
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I thought someone here has the information and could help me much faster!

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Fair point. Doing both (SR and community post) is also a good option. I don't have an answer for you. Maybe someone else here can help.

0 Kudos
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On VMware's website it says:

"Verify that you have downloaded the vRealize Suite update bundles from the depot. These are obtained separately from the Cloud Foundation installation download."

The problem is I cannot find any option on SDDC Manager GUI or CLI to download the vRealize Suite bundles.

Anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

NetRock , can you confirm that the VMware Cloud Foundation 2.3.x bundle is attached to the SDDC Manager controller appliance?

The vRealize Suite binaries should be seen in a path similar to /mnt/cdrom/vcf-bundle-2.3.0-13109857/vmware/vrealize_iso/vRealize-bundle-2.4.0-6820385.iso.

SDDC Manager should then find the vRealize-bundle*.iso under /mnt/cdrom/vcf-bundle* directory and mount it to a /mnt/vrealize mount point  and then consume it.

0 Kudos
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your answer!

I checked the SDDC Manager controller VM and apparantly an ISO file call vxrack-bundle-2.3.2-0429180227.iso is connected to the CD-ROM.

It is also mounted nder CDROM and you can see that here:

/mnt/cdrom/vxrack-bundle-2.3.2-0429180227/vmware/vrealize_iso/vRealize-bundle-2.3.2-7907976.iso

And as you said under /mnt/vrealise I have the vrops' ova file listed:

#ls /mnt/vrealize/vRealize-bundle-2.3.2-7907976/vrops_ova/

vRealize-Operations-Manager-Appliance-6.6.1.6163035_OVF10.ova

But it's intresting when it wants to deploy vROPS from the ova it couldn't!

0 Kudos