VMware Cloud Community
mkeshsundrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgrade VCF bundle query

i have VCF 4.0.1 were we need to upgrade this to 4.1 and then 4.2.1 via offline bundles.

Though i have downloaded bundles and pushed into SDDC, after running pre-check it only shows Available updates for NSX-T, not for SDDC as that need to be upgraded first. 

please advice, attaching snippet

Precheck passed at 03/25/2022, 2:06:34 AM. Resource health status will get updated in the next audit and applicable bundle will become available for upgrade.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NFerrar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't view the attachments but have you updated the catalogue and run the lcmbundle marker file task before downloading updates? Although it shouldn't be showing the NSX-T update as available if it requires other updates first

0 Kudos
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mate,

Well the Thump rule for the VCF Upgrade is : Make sure all the components are all upgraded i.e. if you are current version of VCF is 4.0.1 , then SDDC Manager , VC , NSX-T , ESXI , in Mgmt is upgraded as per the BOM of 4.0.1 . Same goes with VI WLD components i.e. VC , NSX-T, ESXI all should be matching to SDDC BOM 4.0.1. 

Please make sure of above , if all is as per above , then when you download the offline bundle for 4.1 and upload it . LCM should show it SDDC Manager to be upgraded to 4.1 . 

Regards

Viquar 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
0 Kudos