VMware Cloud Community
jleydonIT
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to delete NSX-T Manager appliances

With NSX-T If I want to resize the appliances, I can deploy a new manager on a new IP and then delete one of the old ones. Repeat for each manager so that I end up having three identically sized managers. However, with an NSX-T Deployment on VCF, the delete appliance option stays greyed out. Is there any reason why this is happening? I have gone through different documentation and have not come across a reason why. Most articles on redeploying these managers are specific to NSX-T and not VCF.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeviVmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Even with VCF deployment, you should be able to delete nsx-t appliances from NSX-T manager UI. can you share version of VCF you are running and possible screenshot from NSX-T UI ?

0 Kudos
SandeepMan
Contributor
Contributor

1. Login to vcenter and found the nsx manager and try to delete from there see if it helps to your problem. 
0 Kudos
jleydonIT
Contributor
Contributor

DeviVmware - See attached

The delete appliance option is greyed out. I believe this is just not supported due to the fact that the SDDC Manager database would not be aware of the newer appliances that get deployed.

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should really open a support case to assist. Based on the need it can be escalated to engineering , if required.

0 Kudos
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can resize it with using API . 

https://vdc-download.vmware.com/vmwb-repository/dcr-public/0866915d-2b4c-409e-8bf4-7754e371e0cb/d444...

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
0 Kudos