VMware Cloud Community
CPLASFV
Contributor
Contributor

SDDC Manager don't work

Dear all, In my SDDC Manager,It shows "Password manager operation failed in pre-validation stage" When I upgrade a workload domain, it automatically cancels the upgrade task。 Also, I want to know how to remove vRealize from SDDC manager Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mate ,

You are doing an upgrade of your SDDC and it fails on the pre-check for SDDC Password . 

what you have to make sure is to have the VCF user : vcf  password into never expired state and VCF root password never expired. if the passwords are expired ur precheck will fail. 

i would recommend not upgrade your SDDC until your precheck are green . and take a snapshot of the SDDC. 

To remove your vRealize from SDDC 3.x , you can follow the below KB 

Disassociate the vRealize Suite 7.x Products from SDDC Manager in VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.x (81...

For 4.x U will have to get help from support. 

Regards

Viquarmca

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
0 Kudos
CPLASFV
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!But this KB only for SDDC 3.x. Finally, I solved it in the following ways: 1.Find the deploymengt lock id: psql --host=localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "select * form lock" 2.Delete the lock task:psql --host=localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "delete form lock where id=*******************" 3.Delete the vRSLCM form datebase: psql -h localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "truncate vrslcm;" psql -h localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "delete from vm_and_vm_type_and_domain where vm_type ='VRSLCM';" psql -h localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "delete from credentialhistory where credential_id in (select id from credential where entitytype ='VRSLCM');" psql -h localhost -U postgres -d platform -c "delete from credential where entitytype ='VRSLCM';"
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Why do so many upgrades lead to needing to touch the postgres 😞

0 Kudos