VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

SAML Browser Error During Login

Many times I've seen this and it drives me nuts and would love to see who has a workaround for it.  When logging into the FQDN I get a redirect to /ui/api/internal/login/callback.  At this point I get a browser error which is different for each browser but is an error none the less.

Chrome:

{"message":"SAML assertion not yet valid"}

Firefox:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: end of data after property value in object at line 1 column 42 of the JSON data

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've also see this issue when there is time drift in an environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
barnette08
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Update:

I was able to get into SDDC Manager by using the following process (still not official root cause):

1. Attempt login and get the blank white screen with the URL path of /ui/api/internal/login/callback.
  2. Wait a couple of minutes and do a refresh on the browser and SDDC Manager should let you in. 

For some reason if you refresh too quickly or try other things to get into the main URL you will get the white screen.

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've also see this issue when there is time drift in an environment.

0 Kudos
barnette08
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I went back and checked on this after your post and it's spot on.  I'm syncing everything to the same source but vCenter is slightly out of sync from the hosts and SDDC Manager.  When I toggle the VAMI to point to the hosts for NTP instead of external everything is synced up fine.  Now off to look at why vCenter is syncing wrong, but this troubleshooting was able to replicate over and over that this is indeed a time drift issue.  Thanks as always tenthirtyam

0 Kudos
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Cool! Thanks for the update barnette08​ - always happy to help you and others.

0 Kudos