YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network Compatibility

Hi all,

I have a question.

VMware Compatibility Guide - VMware Cloud Foundation

What is the reason for Network Switch compatibility? In my understanding, I think that there is no problem if L2 and L3 are linked. Maybe you are supposed to work with API or Openflow?

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The VMware Cloud Foundation Compatibility Guide you mention only applys to old Cloud Foundation versions 2.x - do not use this any more. Any network switch which works with vSAN is supported now, for hardware - please select a vSAN Ready Node according to the vSAN Compatibility Guide.

In the old version "Network Switch compatibility" was needed, because we automated all physical switch configuration. This no longer applies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
frank_wegner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The VMware Cloud Foundation Compatibility Guide you mention only applys to old Cloud Foundation versions 2.x - do not use this any more. Any network switch which works with vSAN is supported now, for hardware - please select a vSAN Ready Node according to the vSAN Compatibility Guide.

In the old version "Network Switch compatibility" was needed, because we automated all physical switch configuration. This no longer applies.

0 Kudos