VMware Cloud Community
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

NSX for Management Domain in VCF

Hi,

I want to know the use of NSX-V in Management Domain. As per the documentation, I don't see any Management VM being part of NSX Logical switch.

Appreciate for the quick response.

Regards,

Shahab

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gleed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Cloud Foundation deploys NSX-V in the management domain and configures/prepares the hosts for use with NSX-V.  It instantiates the NSX-V fabric for you.  However, we don't currently configure any logical switches or other NSX-V objects during bring-up or as part of domain creation.

Hi Shahab,

The first you will see SDDC Manager deploying and configuring NSX-V objects is when you deploy vROps/vRA.  As part of the vRealize deployments, an NSX ESG load balancer will get deployed and configured for use with vROps/vRA.  Also, if you deploy a Horizon Domain, several additional NSX ESG Load Balancers will be deployed and configured for use with the UAGs and connection servers.

Regards,

-Kyle

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gleed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Cloud Foundation deploys NSX-V in the management domain and configures/prepares the hosts for use with NSX-V.  It instantiates the NSX-V fabric for you.  However, we don't currently configure any logical switches or other NSX-V objects during bring-up or as part of domain creation.

Hi Shahab,

The first you will see SDDC Manager deploying and configuring NSX-V objects is when you deploy vROps/vRA.  As part of the vRealize deployments, an NSX ESG load balancer will get deployed and configured for use with vROps/vRA.  Also, if you deploy a Horizon Domain, several additional NSX ESG Load Balancers will be deployed and configured for use with the UAGs and connection servers.

Regards,

-Kyle

0 Kudos
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your response.

So the only reason we are using NSX-V in Management Workload domain is because of Load balancer functionality.

0 Kudos
Riehmulus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I haven't done this yet but you should be able to set up a universal DLR to span multiple mgmt clusters in different VCF deployments. i wonder if snat would allow you to setup nsx load balancers in the nsx-v and have pool members in other workload domains for availability zones. Lots to think about

0 Kudos