VMware Cloud Community
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Help with NSX Edge Cluster Setup.

Hello Expert

I am doing a VCF 4.5 laboratory which has already been implemented and is working without problems.

If I have had confusion regarding the creation of Edge Cluster to create AVN and install VRLCM. If you can help me check if the configuration that I am doing of the edge Cluster is correct, I would really appreciate it.

They configured me a core which does not support BGP so there is OSPF between the core and the TOR.

They told me that the Tor ASN is 65005 and 65000 with password Lab01##2023, from the Switch downstream

This is where I have the first confusion, because I have the doubt if in Tier0 Routing Type, I select EBGP and if there is, I should put a different ASN to 65000 and 65005, for example 65101 since this ASN does not exist in any configuration.

Then in the TIER-0 Uplink, enter the UPLINK vlan 1647, but in the Tier-0 Uplink Interface IP, I put a segment IP and then in BGP Peer IP (CIDR) I put the GW IP of vlan 1647 with the ASN 65000 and the BGP Peer ASN password.

In the two previous points is where I have the confusion, if what I entered in the Edge Cluster configuration is correct-

Thank you very much in advance, and I attached some screenshots of what was configured.

Regards 

Sebastian

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CyberNils
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think you have done everything correct 🙂

Nils Kristiansen
https://cybernils.net/
0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks fpr your comment.

0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Thanks for your comment. I have only one doubt.

In excel declare the range 10.0.244.1 to 10.0.244.8 for Edge Host Overlay but in Edge Cluster it requests Edge TEP 1 CIDR and Edge TEP 2 CIDR and this is my question. I must enter an IP from the range 10.0.244.1 to 10.0.244.8 that I defined in excel or it can be any IP from the range 10.0.244.0/24 

Thanks for your comment and help.

Regards

SAN

0 Kudos
CyberNils
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Edge TEP Network and Host TEP Network needs to be in different VLANs and subnets. Please fill out the Planning and preparation workbook for a better understanding and use that as a reference. Also read the design guides.

Nils Kristiansen
https://cybernils.net/
0 Kudos
santunezlenovo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Thank you

I understood, in the NSX-T Host Overlay Network spreadsheet the same vlan as Edge TEP was entered (error)

Edge Overlay TEP is vlan 1644
Host Overlay TEP should be 2500 and not 1644

I will correct the error in excel and make the new VCF deployment

Thanks for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos