VMware Cloud Community
larstr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Error while deploying management domain

While deploying the management domain from Cloud Builder it fails while deploying NSX:

larstr_0-1664268543347.png

The log file show the following errors:

2022-09-26T15:17:09.449+0000 [bringup,cc557bbf5b8e2ecc,3e97] ERROR [c.v.v.c.f.p.nsxt.helpers.NsxtUtils,pool-4-thread-2] Error fetching nsxt cluster status
com.vmware.vapi.client.exception.SslException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at com.vmware.vapi.internal.protocol.client.rpc.http.ApacheClientRestTransport.execute(ApacheClientRestTransport.java:81)

2022-09-26T20:46:38.199+0000 [bringup,f8e701076b05541a,13c6] ERROR [c.v.e.s.o.model.error.ErrorFactory,pool-4-thread-14] [OVH1RN] NSXT_MANAGER_CLUSTER_STATUS_NOT_STABLE NSX-T manager cluster is not stable. Cluster status is false on nsx01.fqdn.com.

Despite the prevous message regarding the cluster not being stable, NSX Manager states the opposite.

larstr_2-1664268440191.png

Any idea what could be wrong here?

VCF 4.4.1, Cloud Builder 4.4.1.0-19766960

Lars

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abeltz232
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi There - I believe the issue in this is due to the use of Uppercase hostnames for ESXi hosts as well as for other services like vCenter, NSX, etc

Recreating the bring up spreadsheet with lowercase hostnames should fix this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think one of the nsx manager node is not healthy , did u check the Corfu logs on nsx manager. 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
abeltz232
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi There - I believe the issue in this is due to the use of Uppercase hostnames for ESXi hosts as well as for other services like vCenter, NSX, etc

Recreating the bring up spreadsheet with lowercase hostnames should fix this.

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

That's indeed correct. Changing hostnames to lowercase makes everything work fine.

Lars

0 Kudos