VMware Cloud Community
tenthirtyam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Early Access: Architecture and Design for vRealize Suite 2019 (vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.1, vRealize Log Insight 8.0, vRealize Operations 8.0.1, and vRealize Automation 8.0.1)

As many of you may know, this Early Access sub-community provides you an opportunity to download and discuss pre-released design materials for the VMware Validated Designs and VMware Cloud Foundation. We want you to discover the latest content that is in development and learn about the potential directions in these designs.

I'm pleased to share the work that my team and I have been working on recently - Architecture and Design for vRealize Suite 2019 - that's applicable over the foundation for both the currently shipping versions of VMware Validated Design 5.1.1 and VMware Cloud Foundation 3.9.1. This early access material covers the architecture and design elements - no implementation guidance is provided at this time - for the use of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.1, vRealize Log Insight 8.0, vRealize Operations 8.0.1, vRealize Automation 8.0.1, and Workspace ONE Access (f.k.a. Identity Manager) and the related management and content packs with a single-region or dual-region SDDC.

You may notice that the design currently uses NSX Data Center for vSphere for the load-balancing of the Workspace ONE Access, vRealize Operations, and vRealize Automation as this is currently used in the management domain for both the VMware Validated Design and VMware Cloud Foundation. Our plan is to convert this over when as we progress in the transition from NSX Data Center for vSphere to a pure NSX-T Data Center based management domain - stay tuned!

Please note that the implementation of the design and the software bill of materials is not fully validated at the time of early access publication. We encourage you to review, comment, and provide your input on the design and even examine it in a proof-of-concept deployment. No assumption should be made that deploying the design on top of the VMware Validated Design 5.1.1 and VMware Cloud Foundation 3.9.1 has been fully validated, nor supported with current or future integrations with SDDC Manager.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at johnsonryan@vmware.com or DM @tenthirtyam on Twitter with any questions or suggestions - I'd be happy to delve into the design and discuss improvements.

Got feedback?

We want to hear from you. So dive into this latest early access content and share your feedback directly with our solutions architects and product managers!

0 Replies