VMware Cloud Community
erikgraa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot remove host from cluster

I tried to add a host to a cluster with a license that had expired. There was no possible way to change the license for the retry task, so I wanted to remove the host to try again.

In the "Removing host(s) from cluster" task it fails on "Deletion of Transport Node configuration from Host".

In NSX I have manually removed the transport node configuration but I'm still not able to remove it. I even checked "Force Remove" when starting the task!

In the cluster it shows as "Error" and in "All hosts" it shows as "DEACTIVATING".

Any other possibilities for removing a host forcibly from SDDC Manager?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erikgraa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to solve this by deleting every reference to the host in the platform postgres database from the SDDC Manager console.

Haven't seen any adverse effects thus far. Took a snapshot before just in case.

Note: This was done in a development environment. I don't recommend trying the same without first consulting with VMware Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erikgraa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to solve this by deleting every reference to the host in the platform postgres database from the SDDC Manager console.

Haven't seen any adverse effects thus far. Took a snapshot before just in case.

Note: This was done in a development environment. I don't recommend trying the same without first consulting with VMware Support.

0 Kudos