VMware Cloud Community
theque5t
Contributor
Contributor

Apple operating systems compatible on VMware Cloud Foundation as a service

Are Apple operating systems compatible as guest operating systems on any VMware Cloud Foundation as a service providers? Such as Azure or AWS.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

They would have to use Apple hardware, because of the MacOS EULA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
theque5t
Contributor
Contributor

Understood. Does VMware know if any of the hyperscaler partners allow the deployment to use Apple hardware in the cluster? For example, AWS offers the mac1.metal EC2 instances. I would think those could be deployed as ESXi hosts.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could ask VMware about VMware Cloud on AWS as it is managed by VMware, all other hyperscaler offerings are managed by the hyperscalers themselves.

I personally doubt that any of them use Apple hardware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos