VMware Beta Community
vBahubali01
Contributor
Contributor

cse ova deployment

hello,

I went through provider workflow and under networking pre-req for CSE OVA deployment states:

"Provider/system admin can create an Edge gateway, a routed network to connect the container service extension server"

It seems that it is expected that CSE Server must be deployed with in an organization in cloud director. However i would like to deploy CSE server in our management area vCenter in a particular VLAN where CSE server can easily connect to VCD load balanced API endpoint. 

However when i try to deploy CSE Server in vCenter i dont see any option to specify IP address for CSE Server nor option to specify root password.

Is it mandatory to deploy CSE Server in cloud director organization?

2 Replies
niandrew
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, It's not mandatory to deploy CSE Server in cloud director organization. We provide the OVA file that runs CSE Server, and the only requirement is that the resulting VM must be able to connect to the VCD host (input as OVA parameter when deploying the OVA, screenshot attached)

Our recommendation is to deploy CSE OVA in a provider-managed org using standard vApp deployment workflow. Network specification and root password setup is available there.

It's possible to deploy CSE OVA in other environments, but we do not have any recommendations or instructions there.

0 Kudos
vBahubali01
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you we already have CSE 3.x in our setup and CSE Server is considered as backend component (no customer/no direct internet). CSE Server is deployed and configured in management area in a management VLAN. Cloud director is only for hosting tenants and is considered Front end component i.e. (internet/customer facing)

Considering 4.0 is still in beta but VMware should consider scenarios as explained above and provide recommendation/instructions because for many service provider platform you will find distinction between management/customer area