VMware Beta Community
Cambouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ScriptExecutionError While deploying tkgm cluster

Hello,

I am facing a ScriptExecution Error while trying to deploy a tkgm cluster.

The deployment fails with a an error "unable to wait for post customization phase ". I tried to access the control plane VM "EPHEMERAL_TEMP_VM" to figure out the problem and i noticed that there are 4 services "Cloud-init,Cloud-init-local,cloud-final,cloud-config" that are not running as attached in the screenshot.

I am using CSE 4.0 for vCloud Director 10.4, TKG 1.4.3 and 1.5.4(Which are supported by cse 4.0) and Ubuntu as TKG OS no FIPS tempates downloaded from official product as required in the documentation.

I tried to modify manually the template and i successfully made all services running. Then, i tried to upload the template to my catalogue to use it as my TKG cluster template but it's not available among templates  options.

So, the problem resides especially in the ubuntu template and i am not allowed to modify it to make all services running. Is there any workaround that i can try to solve this problem. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cambouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem is resolved after adding DNS configuration on the Edge gateway. that way, every network created will use the DNS defined by the Edge. i defined 8.8.8.8 as primary dns and then it was able to resolve github.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cambouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem is resolved after adding DNS configuration on the Edge gateway. that way, every network created will use the DNS defined by the Edge. i defined 8.8.8.8 as primary dns and then it was able to resolve github.

0 Kudos