VMware Beta Community
cchen2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Error: Failed to fetch TKG vApp Templates

I finished all workloads described in the provider workflow docs.

When trying to deploy the a tkg cluster via GUI, I found the error on the TKG ova template page.

The template catalog is published and shared with the user tenant.

I also tried reboot cse, but still not work

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cchen2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I found that the cse process is running, but it seems waiting for the RDEs.

And in the cse.log, only the following line is output

"querying list of RDEs for processing"

0 Kudos
cchen2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And here is the post &response for the RDE instance. 

It got a 200 OK, but the urn of the item seems weird..

Instead of "urn:xxx:xxx" it shows like "urn%3Axxx%3Axxx"

0 Kudos
niandrew
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello! I can help with the error you're seeing in the TKG OVA datagrid. Your CSE process seems to be running fine.

I tried accessing your VCD testbed at 172.21.19.51, but seems it's not accessible. 

There's a few things we can try here. Let me know if you'd like to schedule a zoom call to go over this:

1. There is a known issue where non-TKG OVA vapp templates that are visible to the current user are being read by UI plugin as TKG OVAs. This can cause the error you're seeing. To quickly test this, you can either delete all non-TKG OVA vapp templates, or create a user in an org where only the TKG OVA vapp templates are visible (you can verify this with a Postman GET request to "https://{{host}}/api/query?type=vAppTemplate&format=records&page=1&pageSize=20&filterEncoded=true&sortAsc=name&links=true" 

2. Alternatively, 
I have a test UI plugin build v4.0.102 (beta build is v4.0.101) here where this specific known issue is fixed: https://artifactory.eng.vmware.com/ui/native/cloud-director-solutions-generic-local/container-ui-plu... . Can you download the zip file, go to provider VCD -> customize portal -> upload the zip file -> disable container ui plugin v4.0.101 -> enable and publish container ui plugin v4.0.102 -> refresh browser -> try the workflow again to see if the error is gone.

Please let me know how it goes or if you'd like to schedule a zoom session

cchen2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Niandrew,

thanks for your help!

After deleting the existing vapp templates and catalogs owned by the user org, the workflow goes well!

0 Kudos
niandrew
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, 

Okay, so you're seeing the known issue where some non-TKG OVA vapp templates are being read as TKG OVA vapp templates by UI plugin. The UI Plugin v4.0.102 that I linked to above has that issue fixed, and that issue will be fixed in GA as well.

Thank you!

0 Kudos