VMware Beta Community
marko_uskokovic
Contributor
Contributor

CSE with Multisite

I have tried CSE.next on multisite setup, where I have two VCD sites paired on system and organization level.

So, sites are rs-bg-1-ec and rs-bg-2-ec and I can see VDCs and VMs from both sites in VCD.

Also, in CSE UI plugin on rs-bg-2-ec site I can see k8s clusters from both sites:

both-sites.PNG

If I click on cse4-rs-bg-1-test-1 link, it will open rs-bg-1-ec site in new browser tab, but it will not accept my current SSO login and I will need to login again to manage my cluster. Annoyance, but bearable.

The real problem is, if I login to rs-bg-2-ec site, and go to another site by SSO, and then open CSE UI plugin, it will not be able to show any clusters, it will display message "Error: Failed to fetch Kubernetes clusters"

cse4-site2.PNG

There is 401 Unauthorized HTTP request to rs-bg-1-ec site's /api/session url and there is a "CSE UI: Error fetching sites" message in browser console.

Note: Similar problems were noticed in CSE 3.1 when using multisite setup.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ltimothy7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @marko_uskokovic,

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into this.

When SSO login fails after clicking the cse4-rs-bg-1-test-1 link on the rs-bg-2-ec, do you see any specific error?

Would you please also elaborate on when you log into the rs-bg-2-ec site and go to another site by SSO, what specific steps do you do to get to the other site?

Thank you,

Timothy

0 Kudos
marko_uskokovic
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any specific error, because it opens in new tab without inspect element so I can't track http requests. Will report if I find some error.

When I login to rs-bg-2-ec site and want to go to another site by SSO I just click on site name in "Data Centers" -> "Virtual Data Center" like in picture attached

0 Kudos
ltimothy7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @marko_uskokovic 

Sorry for the delay; my message did not go through.

Would you please log into each site and go to the container plugin on each site? Does each site show clusters successfully?

Thank you

0 Kudos
StjepanC
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it does, but only If I login to each site separately.

If I login to rs-bg-2 and switch to rs-bg-1 site from the "Data centers" page of tenant portal, then I get "Error: Failed to fetch Kubernetes clusters" because of "401 Unauthorized" request to /api/session and the rezulting "CSE UI: Error fetching sites".

Since this is evident even on CSE 3, should I open SR and debug it there and give VMware with screen sharing session so someone can better describe problem and collect what is going on?

0 Kudos
StjepanC
Contributor
Contributor

PS. Sent on behalf of @marko_uskokovic 

0 Kudos
ltimothy7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @StjepanC 
I apologize that my messages are not going through. Yes please open an SR; please let me know when this is submitted and the number if possible.

0 Kudos