VMware Beta Community
MichaelKri
Contributor
Contributor

CSE 4.0 appliance password ?

Hey Team,

can you tell me the login to toubleshoot some staff, root pw? provider workflow i only find "Login to the VM to check if CSE server has started."

GET https://{{vcd}}/cloudapi/1.0.0/entityTypes/urn:vcloud:type:vmware:VCDK EConfig:0.5.0
works fine, i try to edit the parameter to my key values but i fail with PUT.

if i try the POST he sad allready exists.

{
"minorErrorCode": "VCD_50006",
"message": "[ b849c5a4-0b2b-42cb-8e8d-cad1ffb53bed ] Json processing error.\n - Unexpected character (':' (code 58)): was expecting comma to separate Array entries\n at [Source: (org.apache.cxf.metrics.interceptors.CountingInputStream); line: 116, column: 37] (through reference chain: com.vmware.vcloud.rest.openapi.model.DefinedEntityType[\"schema\"])\n - Unexpected character (':' (code 58)): was expecting comma to separate Array entries\n at [Source: (org.apache.cxf.metrics.interceptors.CountingInputStream); line: 116, column: 37]",
"stackTrace": "com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Unexpected character (':' (code 58)): was expecting comma to separate Array entries\n at [Source: (org.apache.cxf.metrics.interceptors.CountingInputStream); line: 116, column: 37] (through reference chain: com.vmware.vcloud.rest.openapi.model.DefinedEntityType[\"schema\"])\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.wrapWithPath(JsonMappingException.java:397)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.wrapWithPath(JsonMappingException.java:356)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.wrapAndThrow(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1726)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.vanillaDeserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:295)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:156)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectReader._bind(ObjectReader.java:2042)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectReader.readValue(ObjectReader.java:1201)\n\tat com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.base.ProviderBase.readFrom(ProviderBase.java:816)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.readFromMessageBodyReader(JAXRSUtils.java:1500)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.readFromMessageBody(JAXRSUtils.java:1452)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processRequestBodyParameter(JAXRSUtils.java:950)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processParameters(JAXRSUtils.java:881)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:215)\n\tat org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:79)\n\tat

line 113-116
"serviceAccount": {
"type": "object",
"required": [
"userOrgName":"system",

best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tolgaanit1979
Contributor
Contributor

hi

root/vmware

cloud expert
0 Kudos
niandrew
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, to login as root to the CSE VM that is deployed by OVA:

1. Create a vApp from the CSE OVA

2. The vApp will be in "powered off" state

3. go to the VM's details -> Guest OS Customization page (screenshot attached)

4. check these 2 checkboxes: "Allow local administrator password", "Auto generate password" (screenshot attached)

5. Wait for the vApp to update, and then "power on" the vApp

6. Once the vApp is powered on, go to the VM's details -> Guest OS Customization page, and now you should see an auto-generated password (screenshot attached)

7. You can now access the VM via SSH / remote console / web console, and login as root using the auto-generated password

For your issue regarding the defined entity PUT request, from the error it looks like your request body is incorrect. If you'd like you can post the request body you're using and we can take a look

0 Kudos