VMware Cloud Community
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCF 5.1.0 - Aria Lifecycle VM eth0 will not come up.

Hi,

I shut my lab down every night and so far, I have never had an issue bringing the SDDC back online. Last night I shutdown as normal (SDDC VM's on each nested VCF host first, then the nested VCF ESXi hosts themselves, and finally the the physical hosts) no issues. Same procedure every day for months.

Yesterday, for the first time I installed Aria Suite Lifecycle Version: 8.14.0-22630472 within SDDC manager. It installed without any obvious issue and I was able to access the webUI.

Today, I bring everything back up and the Aria Lifecycle VM will not bring its eth0 interface up. I have tried a reboot 🙂 - no luck.

I have checked within NSX-T and there are no issues with hosts, gateways (T0 or T1) or segments - all are green!

I can ping the X-Region segment gateway IP and the Aria 'linked' T1 gateway IP from outside the environment; so the BGP routing is up.

MC1903_0-1708519084239.png

It's probably something silly/simple, but I am a bit stumped. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

M

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeXeno
Contributor
Contributor

Hello M,

so if you run "sudo systemctl restart networking" the NIC will not go up? 

What you see under here "tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog"?

And please paste as well the output from "dmesg | grep eth0" 

Thanks! 

Kindly

Luca 

Tags (4)
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Luca (@JakeXeno)

Thank you for your reply. Apologies for the delayed response; I was unexpectedly onsite at the end of last week.

As it was a lab environment, by the time you posted your suggestions I had deleted the whole nested SDDC and restored from a backup taken prior to the Aria Lifecycle integration. I re-integrated Aria Lifecycle but didn't get a chance to shut it all down & bring it back up again.

This morning I booted the environment and the Aria Lifecycle vm booted and connected to the network without any problems.

I appreciate your help.

Take care,

M

0 Kudos
JakeXeno
Contributor
Contributor

Happy to hear everything went smoothly! 

Have a continuation 🙂 

Kindly

Luca 

0 Kudos
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So, after a few days of the Aria Lifecycle VM happily booting and connecting to the network each morning, today it didn't.

I now specifically do not power it on until I have validated the NSX-T edge T0/T1 gateways were up and responding.

Today, I powered it on and left it for 10 mins, no PING response.

Connected via the Remote Console, logged in as root.

Checked that eth0 was UP and it was, with the correct IP.

I PINGed outbound from Aria LC to the T1 gateway IP and it immediately responded.

I then PINGed outbound to the second Tier-1 Gateway/vRealize(Aria) Load Balancing IP and it did NOT immediately respond. After a few lost PINGs it then started to respond.

At the same time the inbound PING I had running to Aria LC from outside the VCF environment ALSO started to respond.

Odd.

MC1903_1-1709200350499.png

MC1903_2-1709200360701.png

MC1903_0-1709200335459.png

MC1903_3-1709200371156.png

0 Kudos